Wednesday, September 19, 2012

"I have so much free time," said no mom ever.

Five months ago, I had an almost 4-year-old and an almost 2-year-old. 

Now, Aidan is 4 years, 4 months... just started his 2nd year of preschool, likes Legos, painting pictures, "Shaun the Sheep," and wants roller skates.  He's still in speech and doing fantastic, but is taking a school-year break from OT (we might find another next summer.)  He's still my hard-to-predict emotional kiddo and puts my patience to the test,    

Now, Lilah is 2 years, 4 months... will finally wear pigtails, loves her stuffed animals and making a mess, calls Aidan "Wall-E," and has no interest in the potty. (But plays an occasional game of "poop hockey." Ewww.)  She still falls asleep in the car (and the Ergo!), hates having her hair washed, and climbs into bed (ever hear of a toddler who climbs in their crib and not out??  Weird.)

-------------------

Five months ago, I was working part-time and ehem, blogging a "bit" more than now.

Now, I'm a full-time Mom, trying to fit it all in.  Dinners, play, cleaning, exercise, blogging (what??), etc.  And maybe squeezing in time with Chadly too.  Luckily, there are more pros than cons to going back full-time (I've been part-time since Aidan was born), so it's going ok... so far. 

-------------------

Five months ago, I was not eating great, not working out as much as I should, and squeezing into my clothes (or ignoring the tight ones completely.)

Now, I weigh 14 pounds less, dropped a pant & top size, dropped a few dress sizes (not totally thrilled about my already tiny chest shrinking, but what can ya do??), and spent an entire summer at the gym (thank you CAC for watching my children!!)  Just gotta find time for the gym again with this full-time work thingie...

-------------------

Five months ago, I was madly decorating our new house.

Now, I am madly decorating our new house.  At least ONE thing hasn't changed.

-------------------

Ok, random picture time... from summer 'til now!














































Look, I did it!  A real, bona fide blog post.  With pictures.  Now let's see if I can blog again before it's 2013. 
 
Heather : )
 
(p.s. I took off my old signature and flower... long story short, they're a pain in the patootie when trying to print your blog through blurb.com.)

6 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

Look at you honeydew! Wowsa'!
And those children...way adorable.
I want Aidan's headboard. Or whatever you call it.
xoxo,
mrs boo

Brooke said...

Glad to see you around again :). And thanks for reminding me about the need to put my old blog in a book. Not looking forward to that.

The Dawkins said...

Lilah cracks me up...her and Avie would be trouble together!!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Holy crap!! HELOOOOO!!!

I can't get over all the silly faces your kids make!! (then I see the pictures you post of Chad and I assume that is where they get it from!!)

The whole work full time, mom full time and blog in between thing is hard isn't it?!

Mommy3 said...

Amazing! I love seeing how much they grow and change!

Punchkin Wear said...

Um, how exactly did I miss that you posted??? Since I have seen most of that on FB, I don't feel left out, but great job on all of it! lol