... not a place I want to visit (oops, too late!!), but it's sure cute on my baby girl!
Here's Lilah at 16 weeks. I actually missed taking this yesterday - had meetings from 9am-8pm. Yuck! And then I almost forgot today. My mind was buzzing with my "big boy" in his "big boy bed." Really? No more crib for my baby? Ugh. I can't handle this growing-up-fast business.
This was the best I got out of a baby at 7pm who was wanting to get her sleep on. This fabric makes me want a gumball.
Young House Love takes 75-100 pictures of baby Clara in order to get the best one. I took exactly 11 photos before big brother stepped in... literally.
This is mostly for Mama's record-keeping... but I'm kind of proud of my little non-talker. After a summer of speech therapy and a little bit of growing up, here's a list of words & signs my big boy knows...
mama - when he misbehaves and I tell him not to do it again, I'll say, "Say 'Yes Mama.'" He skips the "yes" and just says, "mah-mahhh." Why does he have to ruin my serious punishment face with such cuteness?
go - I let Chad in on a little secret the other day... we were at a park and he couldn't find Aidan amongst the big toys. He's yelling, "Aidan! Aidan!" No response. I said, "Just say 1, 2, 3." Chad looks puzzled, but tries it. He says, "1, 2, 3" and a hidden Aidan yells, "GO!!" Oh, there you are. It's our version of Marco/Polo. : )
gaga - Dada
boa - boat
whoo, whoo - train
bee bo - people? hello?
ee ow - in, out
yeah - yes
yesh - yes
memo - Nemo
dadoo - ??
dow - down
no - he often says, "no, no, no"
no - snow
go way gog - go away dog (haha!!)
Go Huh hee - Go Huskies
bippo - hippo
yigh - sky
nigh nigh - goodnight
yigh yah - Lilah
whah - crying
mo - remote
bah - bath
wady - lady
hi bo - who's Bo??? Maybe hello?
Signs he knows: foods
where is it
Good job, dude. I'm proud of ya!
Pssst... don't forget to scroll down for my 3-month Lilah post. I did two posts in one night. All on the night before the longest training day at school ever (9am - 7pm.) What am I doing up??? Oh yeah... enjoying the last bit of summer I have left.
Thirtysomethings, parents of two, non-cooks, computer-obsessed, Husky alumni, stubborn Tauruses, and musicians... dreaming of the day we can get back in shape and not trip over toys in our living room.
True to his Taurus nature, Aidan can be one stubborn little 4-year-old. And ever since he arrived 3 1/2 weeks early, he's been off and running... literally. But he has the biggest melt-me brown eyes, gives the warmest hugs, and has the sweetest tender moments with his little sister. He's a budding artist with an amazing imagination. Now if he would just eat something other than chicken nuggets...
To read more about Aidan's cleft lip and palate, click here.
Our sweet 2-year-old Lilah Claire is the newest Taurus to join our family. Born 5 days before Aidan's birthday and 4 before Daddy's, she was almost another Mother's Day baby. She's happy, opionated, imaginative, and is the perfect blend of girly-girl and tomboy. Ahhh, my little bean.
1. Learn to drive stick (again)
2. Take a photography class
3. Read 20 books (5/20) 4. Relearn how to change a car tire
5. Get a library card
6. Pick a hard piano piece, practice, and perform it for someone
7. Take voice lessons
8. Take jazz piano/improv lessons
9. Learn how to play chess
10. Learn how to juggle
11. Learn new sign language signs to use with Aidan 12. Have Chad teach me how to play the guitar for school 13. Learn how to do a cartwheel
14. Take a cooking class with Chad or with friend
15. Organize recipes in the cupboard into a binder
16. Bake Chad an apple pie, from scratch 17. Try all the recipes in Deceptively Delicious (26/76)
18. Make Chad an entire day of meals (once) – breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert 19. Try 10 new restaurants (3/10)
20. Try 10 new items from the menus at my favorite restaurants (3/10) 21. Visit the San Juan Islands
22. Visit 3 new states (0/3)
23. Watch 3 movies on the IFC or movies with subtitles (1/3) 24. Visit one major city I’ve never been to (San Francisco, Chicago, New York, etc.)
25. See Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens (0/2)
26. See 3 musicals or plays (1/3)
27. Go on a road trip
28. Go camping
29. Go to the Music in the Park in downtown Olympia 30. Back up pictures/documents on my hard drive
31. Keep the inside of my car clean for 2 weeks (0/14)
32. Clean the whole house and keep it spotless for 7 days in a row (0/7)
33. Clean out and organize the junk drawers
34. Use up random gift cards in my wallet 35. Avoid fast food restaurants for 2 weeks (/14) 36. Have a second baby 37. Take a swing dancing class or other couples’ dance class
38. Ride on a tandem bicycle
39. Plan a surprise for Chadly (party, getaway, etc.) 40. Scrapbook Aidan’s baby cards
41. Attend Aidan’s first Huskies game
42. Drink nothing but water for 30 days (30/30) 43. Kitchen closed after 9pm for 30 days (30/30) 44. Handwrite a letter to a friend once a month (0/32)
45. Send someone a postcard when I’m on vacation
46. Pay for someone behind me in the drive thru
47. Offer to babysit for my friends at least 5 times (5/5) 48. Send a gift to someone in the mail for no reason
49. Make my own baby food 50. Photograph 100 things that make me happy